Wheels For Charity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWebsiteLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5th December 2009

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rupertbear
Club Chairman & Founder
rupertbear

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 am

Hi folks ok couple of weeks ago Andrew from North London Ridez came to me with an idea. The idea is now reality.
The idea is as follows and has now progressed as explained below.

To hold a legal cruise invite all that attend to bring a childs toy along.The Girls a girls toy the boys one for the boys.These toys to be collected and handed over to be passed the the children within the Armed Forces who are about to spend there first Christmas without a family member who has been killed in action.
Andrew my freind contacted me because he knew I am Exforces and might know which people to contact.Since then we have contacted the Red Arrows Trust who in turn contacted the Forces Childrens Trust and the Denny Wise Organisation.They all love the idea and now we are working with us to pull this off.Today Tesco's at Great Central Way,Wilsdon London NW10 just off the A406 next to Ikea have agreed to allow us all to host the event on Saturday 5th December 2009.
Mr Brain Wallece from the Red Arrows Trust is sending an email to Max Clifford.The Event will start at about 5pm and finish About 11pm.I personaly have aranged in Peterborough were I live a collection point for toys to be brought to by the public of Peterborough who wish to donate and Thrifty Hire Peterborough have donated a Hire van to transport the toys to the event.
We shall be holding at this event competitions for 1.The Best in show car or Truck.
2 Best Audio install
3 Best interior
4 Best Santa
5 Best Mrs Santa.

I have tonight emailed the Mayor of London inviting him to attend this event. Also spoke to Sue Marchant from BBC radio Cambridgeshire who will be interviewng Andrew and Myself on the radio.
I will be contacting other Radio Stations and BBC TV Look East and South East about this event. will update you all as more info comes in.

5th December 2009 Toysforlittleheroes1

Last edited by rupertbear on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheelsforcharity.blogspot.com
IceBlue24
Admin & Webmaster

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:34 pm

thats a great idea. i'll be there and im pretty sure arron will be able to come as well. 1st
Back to top Go down
http://www.wheelsforcharity.org.uk
SilvaD
Forum Member

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 12:56 am

I've posted it up on the OneNation site for you mate Smile
Back to top Go down
maz
Treasurer
maz

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:03 am

thank you very much mate for doing that mate dancing
Back to top Go down
IceBlue24
Admin & Webmaster

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:19 am

Posted on FMOC and Car Crazy. Will post on SECC when their site is fixed 1st

Last edited by IceBlue24 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Back to top Go down
kevinsmondeo
Marquee manager
kevinsmondeo

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 pm

great idea well done.
Back to top Go down
rupertbear
Club Chairman & Founder
rupertbear

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 am

Andrew disigned this flyer guys Very Happy I thnk the phrase is "A Master Peace Andrew" :cheers: thanx
Back to top Go down
IceBlue24
Admin & Webmaster

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:26 am

wow, i love the flyer 1st
Back to top Go down
kevinsmondeo
Marquee manager
kevinsmondeo

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 am

great flyer andrew well done.
Back to top Go down
rupertbear
Club Chairman & Founder
rupertbear

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 am

It is with great sadness I have to imform you all this event has been Canceled.To fill you all in on the details I have pasted the statement Andrew has put on Facebook.Also I have pasted the email I got from Tescos and the email I sent in return to them

ANDREWS STATEMENT:

ok members
as you know this event was to take place on the 5th december......tesco knew of this event for 2 months
and i asked for the store manager to explain the event in detail. i was lead to believe the store manager was alexia....she had taken many flyers and allocated a large part of the car park. i told her we are expecting many people to attend which could hit a 1000 due to the importance of this event which went national in two papers, radio stations, the forces press papers and even on tv. i was then told by alexia that she was very excited and thought the idea was great. i went back to tesco to hand out more flyers when alexcia told me she was going to move the event towards the A406 side of the car park which is far bigger than the first allocated part of the car park. i told her there would be a stage, bands, modified cars, trucks, bikes and military vehicles plus celebrities and special guests. i contacted tesco head office about this and they said if the store manager has given the go-ahead to have a great day...even alexia said the store would donate toys on the day which was great news. then last week i called alexia on the phone to ask her if she found out about an electrical supply for the stage. she then said she needed to speak to me...in conversation she said she was
scared of the sheer size of the event and asked if we could move it to the sunday 6th december which was out of the question as the event was too far advanced to move it. she then said to my horror that then the event could not go ahead.......i then asked why and the reason she gave was that the "store would not be able to cope". i then found out that alexia was NOT a store manager NOT even a assistant store manager when in fact she was only the CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER!!!!!. you could not believe how i felt. i then found out the name of the REAL store manager PAUL was not told about this event even tho alexcia had taken upon herself to help advertise this event. the poor excuse TESCO gave to NOT let this go ahead was "THEY WOULD LOSE CUSTOM" on the day. to my disgust i said how can TESCO justify profit over our armed forces children. they said the 5th of december was their busyest day due to the public being paid at the end of the week and that they could NOT afford to lose the custom. they stated they have around 30,000 people go through their doors and holding this event on the 5th would cost them money and had to put ther custmors first. i then phoned head office to tell them of how disgusted i was with TESCO. the head office manager told me that it would be very damaging to tesco if they stopped this going ahead.....head office customer services told me it was up to ALL store managers to decide how their stores are run. but told me that this was a wrong move by the store manager and if they had the power they would have gone over his head and let this event go through due to the sensitive nature of this very important public event. i was even told from the sponsor and events department of TESCO that they do NOT write out contracts as it's up to the store managers to hold any kind of event.
i feel i have been lead up the garden path by this ALEXCIA who was just a customer services manager and NEVER told her store manager anything about the TOYS FOR LITTLE HEROES event. i'm disgusted that TESCO has put profit and greed before our forces children. i have no alternative but to counsell this event. the toys i've collected will stay with me until i have found a way to get the toys to these children. anyone else who has toys to donate please can you drop these to the ace cafe london where i hold my meets every sunday from 7pm. i will be holding a mass cruise to support the armed forces children but will not be useing any stores to help me. i will be making another flyer with new details of the cruise named "CRUISE FOR LITTLE HEROES"
i would like to thank everyone who did confirm attendance for the 5th. all i have to say that TESCO are out of order and putting profit before our forces children is a utter disgrace.

EMAIL I RECIEVED:

Dear Rupert

My name is Gary Sargeant and Brent Park is one of the stores I look after in North and East London. I understand from my colleges in the office and Brent Park that you would like to hold an event in Brent Parks car park on the 5th of December.

Unfortunately due to the short notice of such a large event, we will not be able to help your charity on this occasion. I'm sure you will understand that such events require considerable organising and time to prepare.

However should you wish to organise a collection at the store, we would be only to happy to assist. Please feel free to contact the store directly.

I have tried to phone your mobile but have had difficulty in contacting you. Therefore I hope you do not mind me contacting you via E-mail.

Yours Sincerely
Gary Sargeant
Stores Director

EMAIL SENT BACK:

Dear Gary

Thank you for your email.sorry about your call today my cab phone has been
playing up all day long.
I am personaly disappointed.As the topic of this event means a great deal to
me.I know it is not your fault but I have spoken to Mr Andrew Marsh the man
that thought of this event and approched the store about the event.He is
very upset about this as his interntions were only to bring the Children of
the Armed Forces a small amount of Happyness at Christmas.
He still maintains that when he first approach the store he asked to speak
to the Manager and beleived The Customer Service Manager was infact the
Manager.He is very upset and feels he was mislead by the Customer Service
Manager.
I Personal Know Mr Andrew Marsh and I beleive him 100% .My only hope is out
of this maybe people will be more carefull when agreeing to things and make
sure it is in writing and the correct people are consulted before the ago
ahead is given.There has been time since August, when Mr Marsh first asked
Alexia Customer Services Manager to hold this event and only now has it been
brought to your attention.
If you wish to speak to me over this you can ring me on the number you have
or the following number.07858854010.
Yours Sincerely
Rupert Gladstone
Chairman for Wheels for Charty.
Back to top Go down
kevinsmondeo
Marquee manager
kevinsmondeo

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:14 am

i cannot beleive this all the hard work etc that you all have done.sorry to hear the event is not going ahead.lets all hope that toys will be donated to the children at christmas they deserve these.to cancel at the last minute is an insult.looks like all tescos are interested in as making plenty of profit then help us.
Back to top Go down
rupertbear
Club Chairman & Founder
rupertbear

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 am

You said it Kev you said it
Back to top Go down
IceBlue24
Admin & Webmaster

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:21 pm

im so gutted and heartbroken it had to be cancelled. i didnt post a message straight after as this would be filled with asterixes as i was turning the air blue. thats what you get when dealing with big companies. theyre blinded by their own greed and if they had a heart and took a moment to think outside the box, they would let this event go ahead. i feel sorry for andrew and rupert who worked so hard to organise this event. really hope the kids get their presents in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5th December 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5th December 2009   5th December 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

5th December 2009
Page 1 of 1